We have all been there trying to get rid of cockroaches with all kinds of sprays and traps, but sometimes we must realize that the best methods do not always have to involve chemicals. It turns out that the best method of prevention is just making sure that cockroaches cannot get their -uhm hands on the food and water. Cockroaches will flock to properties for food and water but will also flock because of the nice and toasty temperatures that many homes have!
If you have a cockroach issue, make sure to hire fully licensed and insured pest professionals from Cockroach Control Toronto.
Therefore you will see find time at strange places such as the electrical outlet! Cockroaches will take advantage of the many entry points around the building and make sure they can get inside and reproduce.
A small cockroach issue can therefore blow up to a full-blown cockroach frenzy in a matter of months! Below are things that you should be taking care of. The list is extensive, but believe us, it is well worth it!
• Seal leftover food in airtight containers – Make sure you place all leftover food you have in an airtight container and put it in the fridge rather than leaving it out.
• Keep your sink cleared out – Wash dishes every single night. German cockroaches will seek out any source of food they can find, including bits of food left on plates, pots, and pans that sit in your sink.
• Empty your trash cans – Empty all trash cans in your home every night. Remove the bag and place it in an appropriate container outside your home or apartment. Make sure the container has a tight lid that seals closed.
• Scrub down your kitchen appliances – Think of how much food, grease, and other edible debris has made its way under your fridge or stove? Scrub down your appliances and the spaces behind and underneath them to remove food sources.
• Clean drawers and cabinets – Remove all items from your drawers and cabinets and scrub them down using soap and water. If you notice cockroach feces in the drawers and cabinets, you should also wash your eating and cooking utensils and dishes, pots, and pans.
• Designate an eating room – Make sure you and your family limit your eating to one room. If you have an eat-in kitchen or dining room, consume all your meals in that room. Do not allow anyone to eat in their rooms, the living room, or other rooms in the house to prevent the spread of a possible food source.
• Disinfect countertops – Make sure you clean and disinfect your countertops every single night before you go to bed.
Along with proper sanitation, you should remove any food source cockroaches have access to. In any case of cockroach sighting, especially at night. Consider hiring the professionals from Cockroach Control Toronto for permanent removal. Call 647-560-0345